Tuesday, September 15, 2009

33 Weeks and counting! July 31, 2006

So, I have decided to peek my head out of my shell and try this whole myspace thing just one more time. Round two shall be a bit different....

Today marks my seventh week of pregnancy. I found out last Saturday when I became seriously ill after running a race. Six tests, two doctors visits, and one ultrasound later, the reality has finally been branded in my brain... I AM HAVING A BABY. I am essentially and literally, a MOTHER.

I have been through all of the what if's, why didn't I's, and should've dones. It has been determined that the lack of prenatal care and occasional beers by the pool have posed very little risk to my unborn son, and I am counting my blessings. The nicotine gum has gone the way of the garbage, and the high octane beers in the fridge have been replaced with ODoul's. (Much tastier now than it was several years ago.) I am still running, but my rounding belly and torpedo-like boobs make are bringing me well below my previous grandmotherly pace. I now spend most of my time that I am not at work curled up on the couch with James or messing around with our house now. I don't even miss my old life.

So me... with a son. Though James and I are still debating, I am determined that his name will be be Skyler Travis Dodd. He will be tall like both of his parents, and will his daddy's hazel eyes. His life will be an interesting one.... He will begin sporting his Maddox-inspired mohawk as soon as his hair permits, but won't be allowed to die it purple until he is at least 4. Once he reaches elementary school, his ridiculously high I.Q. will be the only explanation offered to his highly erratic yet diplomatically executed tantrums.

Skyler will graduate at the top of his class at only 16 years old. Deciding to give his mind a rest, he will join a band called the Defective Contraceptives, and will unintentionally uphold Karma by keeping his still sexy and alluring mother awake all night while jamming with buddies in her garage. Simultaneously inspired and challanged after seeing an early 20's picture of his stunning maternal unit, he will feel compelled to outdo her in her youthful indulegences, and will have the first of many facial piercings at age 17. To keep his friends confused, he will periodically switch his nose and eyebrow rings from side to side, and will fiercly deny any changes when confronted. Of course, all piercings will be removed when Sklyer turns 18; that is when he begins lawschool at Yale.

All joking aside.... I am really, really excited. James is too. We are getting married next month, but the whole thing is going to be on the D.L. due to widely scattered family and lack of patience for such hoopla. Wish me luck... I'm nervous!.

No comments:

Post a Comment