Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fear Feb 24, 2009

Today...not a good day...

I let fear overcome me today. My life has been built on a solid platform of fear, and I need to figure out how to bust it all down. But to do so would require higher expectations out of life than I am willing to grant...life. I know this sounds nonsensical and depressing. Oh well.

Something scared me. This something led me to interrupt my normal working day and rush home. I might now be convinced now that there is something more to life than what I have ever believed; because my fear was focused on the wrong thing...One of my dogs had her leg mauled and would have died had I not showed up when I did. I don't want to elaborate because it is too terrible.

There goes my tax refund, but my family (human and 4-legged) is somewhat intact. Thank whatever for that.

My vet (and family friend) spoke of fear today. He basically said that all bad behavior (human and animal) stems from fear. It made me think of that Donnie Darko movie and the “Lifeline of Fear” or whatever. Even though it is laughable, maybe there is some relevance behind it? Maybe not. I am still scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment