Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Home... Oct 03, 2008

Driving home today, my mind was occupied...Will I get a raise in the next ten years? Will my credit card ever be paid off? What color will I die my hair next? What time will I make at my next race?

I turned left and headed down the main road that led to my house. I couldn't help but slow down when I saw a whole household worth of furniture parked on the sidewalk in front of one of the nicer houses in my neighborhood. Sitting in front of the pile? A man, in his thirties, well-dressed....reminded me of...who?

I ignored it. I moved on with my evening. Corbin and I played, James came home, and then I went for a planned five mile run...

At mile four, I was headed back towards my house. I was thinking only of how fast I was running. I was so proud that I had maintained an 8 minute pace the past two miles.
Then I passed the same house. The same furniture was there. The same man was there. Sitting near the same furniture. He was crying.

Is he still there?
Is he still there?
Is he still there?

No comments:

Post a Comment