Wednesday, September 16, 2009

MelPirate May 16, 2008

Mel-o-Pirate is about to return to the world of the two-handed!

I am having surgery on June 5th to remove the plate and fixtures from my hand, and am having a "tenolysis" (I think I spelled that right) to remove scar tissue from four of my tendons. Apparently, this involves a bunch of incisions and a wire loop that is wrapped around each tendon and pulled upwards to scoop off adhesions. Yummy. Now, I will have four huge scars instead of one... just call me KrugerMel!

Joking aside, I am excited about the prospect of a full recover and being rid of this constant, nagging pain. I was warned that the procedure will be very painful, so be sure to call me that week of the 5th if you want to get your kicks from talking to an inebriated Melly!

Corbin is fine... recovering from yet another bad bug. He has developed so many new talents... He can now stack complex arrangements of toys, fit shapes together, organize oebjects by shapes and colors, etc. He claps loudly whenever he gets something "right", and scowls in frustration at a perceived "wrong". I am fascinated by his art of imitation; if you point at any part of your body, he will mimic exactly. Less exciting is his new found love for changing TV channels and reprogramming our remote. I guess it is just a symptom of having a genius child :-)

I hope all is well with everyone, and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment