Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Update Mar 02, 2008

I haven't posted in a while, so here goes....

Corbin is about to be a year old on the 5th! I can't believe it! As if on cue, he is suddenly starting to do all of the "toddler things"... pulling up, taking his first steps, using his first words in meaningful ways, etc. etc. It doesn't even feel real to me... Where did my little baby go? Though the passage of time makes me sad, I have grown to realize that being a parent is probably the best and most rewarding thing I have ever done in my thirty years of living. I couldn't be more blessed.

For the first time in several years, I can actually say positive things about my job... My coworkers are wonderful, and my boss is communicative and understanding. I know that no job is perfect, but I feel like the proverbial shoe is fitting. Also, I didn't get fired after having to take over a week off work for the Dog Incident. Few jobs would have been so understanding.

I had one of my "tornado dreams" last night. I dreamed that tornadoes were passing just north and south of my house, over and over, one after another. James and I sat there and watched them pass by outside of our windows, wondering when one was finally going to hit us. Once the skies had cleared, we stepped out of the house to survey the damage. We saw that one of our elderly neighbors had his house blown down completely, but he was still sitting in is chair in the middle of his demolished house, quietly rocking. For some reason I woke up feeling really sad and lonely.

What the hell did that mean? Why the hell am I so weird? LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment