Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tonsils are OUT! Jan 21, 2009


Tonsils are OUT! *warning...pics*
I finally got up the nerve to have those nasty, infectious sponges cut out of my throat on Tuesday. While I was warned that tonsillectomies are "extremely painful" for adults, that really hasn't been my experience so far. Maybe it is a self-fullfilling prophecy to get patients all hyped up over such a routine procudure?


Anyway, I am REALLY looking forward to 2009 as an infection-free year. Maybe I can get in a solid year of running without getting sick? I am actually really excited!


For those of you that are weak-stomached, I apologize for posting this pic. I come from a medical family, and stuff like this is routine to us. Anyway, this a pic of me 24 hours post-surgery. The gray tissue is just from the skin being cauterized. I should be eating solids and back to running/biking within two or three days!


No comments:

Post a Comment